«For the pleasure of eating well» – this is an important maxim here at ZFV. Prudent thinking and actions with a view to the future is in our company's DNA. We work hard each day to ensure a balance of ecological, economic and social aspects throughout our entire value creation chain. We do this so that future generations can also experience the pleasure of eating well.
ZFV Environmental Code
The ZFV environmental code is comprised of nine principles on the topic of ecology and hence anchors the topic firmly within our enterprise philosophy.
- Environmentally concious company and operations management
- Collaboration with regional suppliers
- Seasonal and regional range, promotion of fair-trade products
- Environmentally conscious treatment of energy, water and materials
- Waste is collected spearately and recycled whenever possible
- Environmentally friendly packaging and consumables
- Environmentally friendly construction and planning
- We provide information about our efforts to protect the environment
- Constant improvement of our environmental performance
Validity and scope of application
The integrated management system of the ZFV companies is certified according to the ISO 14001 environmental management standard. All the standard points of the ISO 14001 are used and relate to the company’s entire value chain. This includes services in the areas of hospitality, large-scale catering, restaurants and event catering (the only service that is excluded is the Bäckerei-Konditorei Kleiner), as well as the management and support processes. All the locations of of companies are shown on the company's website.
The integrated management system has the following objectives:
− Manage and further develop the company at all levels and across all functions.
− Provide the employees with a practical tool to find relevant information quickly and easily.
− Secure the existing know-how of employees and make it possible for new employees to ease into their respective area of activity.
− Make workflows efficient and effective through clearly defined processes.
The integrated management system is realised in the sense of continuous improvement, as it is supplemented, modified and optimised. The currently valid version of the quality manual is stored in the ZFV intranet.
ZFV collaborates with the following certification:
ZFV commitment to animal-friendly husbandry
As from mid July 2016, the label "ZFV" will denote chickens reared in the barns of the Segmüller Family from Gähwil. The chickens are raised in small flocks, which means they have more space to move around in. The family places great importance on animal-friendly rearing based on feeds farmed locally. The ZFV is committed to animal welfare and therefore supports the humane treatment of animals on small farms.
– In an initial phase, five ZFV enterprises will source all the chickens from one barn on a regular basis
– The ZFV plans to expand the cooperation
– The chefs using the ZFV, will use the entire animal whenever possible
United Against Waste
In Europe, estimates from the United Nations show that around one third of food produced for human consumption is lost or goes to waste on its journey from the field to the plate. As a founding member of the association "United Against Waste" we are actively committed to reducing food losses:
- We are sensitising and training our staff.
- We are setting ourselves targets regarding how much food waste we want to save across the entire enterprise compared with the previous year.
- Working together with staff, we are implementing restaurant-specific measures to reduce food waste.
- We are carrying out sample measurements per restaurant in order to monitor the success of measures to reduce food waste.
We are sensitising out guests and customers through targeted measures.