Information about the coronavirus – Measures taken by ZFV
The coronavirus and its effects are shaping current events. At ZFV, the health and safety of our employees, guests and customers is the top priority. Measures comply with the guidelines of the authorities and have been implemented throughout the company.
Friday, 20 March 2020
Due to the coronavirus, we have formed an internal ZFV core team that will meet every day until further notice. We are monitoring the situation on the basis of the assessments of the authorities very closely. We are receiving further specialist information from hotel and catering trade associations.
The ZFV guidelines in the event of a pandemic and federal government measures serve as the basis for the current inspection and planning of measures at corporate level. The primary objective is to protect the health of employees and guests, keep the risk of contagion as low as possible and thus contain the spread of the coronavirus as successfully as possible.
In general, and irrespective of the coronavirus, the highest level of hygiene standards apply in the hotel and catering industry as well as the bakery and confectionery industry, which all ZFV restaurants observe.
Further information on rules governing behaviour and hygiene as well as the current situation can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH): www.foph-coronavirus.ch
Adherence to government regulations
(current regulations of 16 March 2020)
- Public restaurants are closed
- No staging of events
Regular information and training on the measures of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the «How to protect yourself and others» campaign.
- Regular hand washing with water and disinfectant soap
- Only sneezing and coughing into the crook of your arm or with a paper tissue in front of your face. The tissue must then be disposed of in a closed waste bin
- Keep your distance
- It is a mandatory requirement that employees with symptoms (cough and fever) stay at home.
- All employees are advised to restrict their travel.
- Increased daily disinfection measures for surfaces (food serving stations, guest area, door handles, kitchen surfaces, etc.)
- No self-service (free-choice buffet closed, cutlery to be dispensed by a member of staff only)
- Open foodstuffs will be sold in packaging.
- The distance between seats still available has been increased. Guests will be reminded to keep their distance generally, and will be asked to visit the restaurant at off-peak times.
- We are informing guests via the FOPH campaign «How to protect yourself and others» and recommend that people wash their hands before and after eating using a separate guide «Correct hand washing».
- Furthermore, we are monitoring the employers' pandemic plans and are implementing their measures in the respective restaurants.
- The core team can be contacted by our staff at all times – even at weekends – via an email address that has been set up especially for this purpose. Staff from the specialist departments will be available to address employees' concerns.