Information about the coronavirus – Measures taken by ZFV
The coronavirus and its effects are shaping current events. At ZFV, the health and safety of our employees, guests and customers is the top priority. Measures comply with the guidelines of the authorities and have been implemented throughout the company.
Tuesday, 23 Juin 2020
Due to the coronavirus, we have formed an internal ZFV core team that will meet every day until further notice. We are monitoring the situation on the basis of the assessments of the authorities very closely. We are receiving further specialist information from hotel and catering trade associations.
The ZFV guidelines in the event of a pandemic and federal government measures serve as the basis for the current inspection and planning of measures at corporate level. The primary objective is to protect the health of employees and guests, keep the risk of contagion as low as possible and thus contain the spread of the coronavirus as successfully as possible.
In general, and irrespective of the coronavirus, the highest level of hygiene standards apply in the hotel and catering industry as well as the bakery and confectionery industry, which all ZFV restaurants observe.
Further information on rules governing behaviour and hygiene as well as the current situation can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH): www.foph-coronavirus.ch
All companies of the ZFV Group have a company-specific protection concept that they implement. The "Protective Concept for the Catering Industry" and other industry-specific guidelines, as well as the location-specific measures of the client, serve as the basis.
Group-wide measures that apply to all companies:
- The hygiene rules of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) apply. In particular, all persons in the company will regularly clean and disinfect their hands.
- The employees will be informed regularly on the guidelines and measures.
- Employees and other persons will maintain a distance of at least 1.5 m from each other. If this distance cannot be maintained, protective masks will be worn.
- Surfaces and objects will be cleaned regularly, especially when they are touched by several persons.
- The company will ensure that specific aspects of the own company are taken into account to ensure protection.
- The company will take all necessary measures to protect especially endangered persons.
- Groups of guests of up to 1'000 persons are allowed. A distance of 1.5 m between different groups must be ensured.
- In case of symptoms of illness, employees will be sent home and instructed to comply with isolation in accordance with the FOPH.