Information about the coronavirus – Measures taken by ZFV
The coronavirus and its effects are shaping current events. At ZFV, the health and safety of our employees, guests and customers is the top priority. Measures comply with the guidelines of the authorities and have been implemented throughout the company.
Due to the coronavirus, we have formed an internal ZFV core team that will meet every day until further notice. We are monitoring the situation on the basis of the assessments of the authorities very closely. We are receiving further specialist information from hotel and catering trade associations.
The ZFV guidelines in the event of a pandemic, federal government regulations and current FOPH recommendations serve as the basis for the current inspection and planning of measures at corporate level. The primary objective is to protect the health of employees and guests, keep the risk of contagion as low as possible and thus contain the spread of the coronavirus as successfully as possible.
In general, and irrespective of the coronavirus, the very highest hygiene standards apply to our branches, and all ZFV operations adhere to these standards.
Further information on rules governing behaviour and hygiene as well as the current situation can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH): www.foph-coronavirus.ch
General protection concept
All companies of the ZFV Group have a company-specific protection concept that they implement. The «Protective Concept for the Catering Industry», the «Protective Concept of the Hotel Industry», as well as the location-specific measures of the client, serve as the basis. Other cantonal regulations will also be implemented.
Group-wide measures that apply to all companies:
- Consumption in indoor areas of our establishments open to the public is restricted to guests 16 years of age or older with a certificate of recovery or vaccination («2G»). In addition, a mask requirement applies. Guests may only remove the mask at the table and may only consume while seated. The certificate requirement does not apply to takeaway food and outdoor consumption (depending on outdoor regulations).
- It is mandatory for all ZFV employees to wear masks throughout the establishment.
- The hygiene rules of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) apply. In particular, all persons in the company will regularly clean and disinfect their hands.
- Surfaces and objects are cleaned regularly, especially if they are touched by several people.
- A hand disinfectant will be available to guests at the entrance (with the exception of schools).
- The employees will be informed regularly of the guidelines and measures.
- In case of symptoms of illness, employees will be sent home and instructed to comply with isolation in accordance with the FOPH.
- The company will take all necessary measures to protect especially endangered persons.
Protection concepts for events
ZFV is using a multistage protection concept, in accordance with guests’ need for safety, so that events can still take place. This is based on statutory regulations, measures by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the current «Protective Concept for the Catering Industry under COVID-19».The ZFV catering team also checks specific cantonal regulations with customers in advance of an event.
CLEAN &S AFE
GastroSuisse has developed a Covid-19 protection concept for the gastronomy sector in order to make a visit to the restaurant comfortable for guests. With the label "Clean & Safe" we confirm that we comply with the protection concept and that we are committed to your health.
You can find more about the protection concepts of Sorell Hotels here.